You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

Ali wrote:
DCK wrote:

You're fighting a lost cause Ali. Assuming is the truth here.

You're right.  I might have to use that phrase down the road - "assuming is the new truth here".

Ali

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Just give it up, I have. There's no point.

Ali

Ali wrote:
DCK wrote:

Just give it up, I have. There's no point.

+1 karma for speaking the truth.

Ali

Sky Dog wrote:

I think it would be funny as hell  if the first two members of the band didn't show up (that being Axl and Izzy).

Ali

Ali wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

I think it would be funny as hell  if the first two members of the band didn't show up (that being Axl and Izzy).

I'm thinking that may be more likely now.  Christ, that would be like Van Halen's induction.  The founders of the band not even there, including one of the band's namesakes.

Ali

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Steven, Duff, Matt, Dizzy. That's who shows. That's my guess and I'm sticking to it. We'll find out in a couple weeks.

P.S.: Steven is a weak-minded, average-talent idiot.

Lomax wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Steven, Duff, Matt, Dizzy. That's who shows. That's my guess and I'm sticking to it. We'll find out in a couple weeks.

P.S.: Steven is a weak-minded, average-talent idiot.

He would seem to be somewhat of a fool.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

A statement from the freak

Adler

We had a full press day yesterday and I'd like to shed some light on my comments about the current Guns N Roses lineup. Sometimes my emotions get the best of me when talking about my former band. It’s hard to see your ex in bed with somebody else. We created one of the biggest selling debut albums of all time and it’s no secret that I want to finish what we started 25 years ago and play together at the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame. The guys that Axl has put together are all great players. They’re not hacks in the sense that they can’t play, they’re all incredible musicians. I just meant that they are not the original lineup. I would like to apologize to Axl, Bumblefoot, D.J., Tommy, Dizzy, Richard, Frank, and Chris for my statement.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

If a show would have happened it would have been spontaneous.

Axl has real feelings about Slash that goes a lot further than "manning up" and doing a gig for someone else. It would have to happen the right way. It seems that he explodes with anger when people try to push him with the Slash thing. On his own it seems, he's mellowed. Something was possible. We're talking about shit we don't know about, and real emotions that caused him not to speak to the guy for decades. I can only imagine someone making one of you guys do something in REAL LIFE with someone you hate, for someone else. It's not that easy.

Steven just cut his nose off to spite his face.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
gibbo wrote:

A statement from the freak

Adler

We had a full press day yesterday and I'd like to shed some light on my comments about the current Guns N Roses lineup. Sometimes my emotions get the best of me when talking about my former band. It’s hard to see your ex in bed with somebody else. We created one of the biggest selling debut albums of all time and it’s no secret that I want to finish what we started 25 years ago and play together at the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame. The guys that Axl has put together are all great players. They’re not hacks in the sense that they can’t play, they’re all incredible musicians. I just meant that they are not the original lineup. I would like to apologize to Axl, Bumblefoot, D.J., Tommy, Dizzy, Richard, Frank, and Chris for my statement.

And Ron's response on his Facebook page:

Bumblefoot
&#8206;Adler << All good bro, thanks so much smile We all just want to make music and make people happy - as far as all the GNR hoopla, I'd rather it be what connects us than what separates us. You and I played together in Chicago a few years ago (I was jammin' w/ Lita Ford) and you guys were *great*. I won't be at HOF, if you go please give everyone a big hello for me. smile Thanks, Ron >>

Board footer