You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Lomax wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I'm just gonna throw this out there;

Why in the fuck is it not ok to like EVERYTHING? I went through this in the 80s & 90s with Pink Floyd and I'm going on enduring 2 decades of it with Guns N' Roses fans now.

In the 80s people would act like I was bat shit insane for going to see Dave's version of Floyd but saying how much I enjoyed Radio KAOS or The Wall Live In Berlin (Roger's solo stuff going on at the time). Then later in the 90s, I would get told I couldn't possibly like both if I were attending Dave's Floyd shows but saying much much I liked Amused To Death. Then when attending Roger shows since '99, I've had a bunch of people tell me there's just no way I could've liked Floyd without Roger.

What. The. Fuck?

Can't I just like what I like? For example, I LOVE Chinese Democracy and the first VR record. I love some Izzy solo stuff, I like some of the Loaded material. Isn't that ok? Or am I expected to just draw some stupid line in the sand for other people's sake?

I have nothing against Slash or anyone else who's been in Guns N' Roses and chose to leave because it's not my band. Why they left isn't my business. Who's "Right or wrong" doesn't concern me, the art does. If anyone makes art I like, I'm going to listen to it and talk about it no matter how much sense it might not make to someone else or if it doesn't go by "their rules".

I'm with you on this. 100%.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Bono wrote:

Steven's a fucking idiot for saying what he did, the way he did  but here's the truth. Had Axl Rose stopped being such pussy and just said yeah he'd like to play just as everyone else did none of this would blow up this way. And don't for one second anyone(Ali) go on some bullshit rant about how if Axl, Slash, Duff & Steven said they'd love to play that Izzy still would not have shown up. If you say that you're an idiot.

Steven's an idiot for making the comments he made and Axl is a  fucking loser for being such a  punk ass bitch whos too damn chicken shit to reunite for one night and he's also too chicken shit to move forward with this insanely talented band he has now. The guy is a  loser at this point.

The point is, there were MANY variables at play and reasons to think this was going to go horribly.  And they're all playing out right now.  Izzy probably has the right idea of avoiding the drama, if he indeed doesn't attend.  And I wouldn't fault Axl for doing the same, though I'd still like to see he and Slash in the same room for once.  That would still be something to latch onto.

The way things are unfolding, I may taunt the band when they take the stage to accept the honor.  Ridiculous. 17

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Why in the fuck is it not ok to like EVERYTHING? I went through this in the 80s & 90s with Pink Floyd and I'm going on enduring 2 decades of it with Guns N' Roses fans now.

In the 80s people would act like I was bat shit insane for going to see Dave's version of Floyd but saying how much I enjoyed Radio KAOS or The Wall Live In Berlin (Roger's solo stuff going on at the time). Then later in the 90s, I would get told I couldn't possibly like both if I were attending Dave's Floyd shows but saying much much I liked Amused To Death. Then when attending Roger shows since '99, I've had a bunch of people tell me there's just no way I could've liked Floyd without Roger.

What. The. Fuck?

Can't I just like what I like? For example, I LOVE Chinese Democracy and the first VR record. I love some Izzy solo stuff, I like some of the Loaded material. Isn't that ok? Or am I expected to just draw some stupid line in the sand for other people's sake?

I have nothing against Slash or anyone else who's been in Guns N' Roses and chose to leave because it's not my band. Why they left isn't my business. Who's "Right or wrong" doesn't concern me, the art does. If anyone makes art I like, I'm going to listen to it and talk about it no matter how much sense it might not make to someone else or if it doesn't go by "their rules".

To be fair I think a lot of people on the forums fit into this category. Even if they don't admit it, they'll probably own the records and listen to them, even if its on 'shuffle' :-)

The RRHOF is still a fandango though. Come on guys, 'man up'!

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
Scabbie wrote:
russtcb wrote:

What. The. Fuck?

To be fair I think a lot of people on the forums fit into this category. Even if they don't admit it, they'll probably own the records and listen to them, even if its on 'shuffle' :-)

The RRHOF is still a fandango though. Come on guys, 'man up'!

Yeah right i dont think so 14

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
-D- wrote:

Seriously.. u know why I say good for Steven?

cause i am glad someone has the balls to call Axl on his bullshit and ain't walking on egg shells like the rest of the old guys.

At this point, Axl doesn't deserve to play with the old guys. fuck begging him or trying to appease him. if he don't wanna play Fuck em.

He didn't call Axl out.  He needlessly insulted the new band.  That's why it was an immature and asinine comment.  That and the fact the new band are all good musicians.

Ali

Ali

Ali wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Exactly Aussie.

Steven could say they're not the real GNR and there's a pro and con to the line of view, but to say they have no talent is just false.

I still think the Izzy thing is chicken and egg: He doesn't like the drama - it's why he bailed on the UYI sessions amongst other things - if he doesn't show up to what's promising to be the most awkward and dysfunctional induction ever ia world where Axl and Slash are publicly saying they won't perform - it doesn't mean he would be the problem in a universe where Axl and Slash were not full of such shit!

It's like saying you didn't need to get immunised because you never caught the virus.

Izzy is likely to no show BECAUSE of this sort of bullshit imo. Besides - you could replace him and have a show at least as valid as the UYI era - which is also a major part of what's being recognised at this show.

As for steven...lets not pretend there will be no reunion because of him going on this rant, he's full of shit yes, but the reason he even went on this rant in the first place is because he knows damn well like the rest of us that it's never going to happen because of the Axl/Slash war.

You seriously think if steven had just shut up Axl might wake up and go "hey - I should call slash and hangout". Steven's ranting because he knows Axl will never forgive Slash and Slash is too proud to ever back down enough.

Izzy may not show up because of fears of this kind of drama or some other reason.  Only he knows for sure.  But, truthfully, as unlikely as it seems that Axl may want to reunite down the road, none of us have a crystal ball.  A comment like this alienates people and could ensure that he is not a part of a reunion IF it should happen down the road.

And, to be clear, the fact is that you need ALL the band members to have some modicum of respect and courtesy towards each other, not just Axl, and you need ALL the band members to show up.  It's not about blame, but realizing that you have to have all five people on board at any one given time for a true AFD lineup reunion to happen.  You can't have Axl holding a grudge, you can't have Steven insulting Axl's current bandmates and friends, and you have to have Izzy commit and be present.

Ali

Ali

Ali wrote:
Bono wrote:

Steven's a fucking idiot for saying what he did, the way he did  but here's the truth. Had Axl Rose stopped being such pussy and just said yeah he'd like to play just as everyone else did none of this would blow up this way. And don't for one second anyone(Ali) go on some bullshit rant about how if Axl, Slash, Duff & Steven said they'd love to play that Izzy still would not have shown up. If you say that you're an idiot.

Steven's an idiot for making the comments he made and Axl is a  fucking loser for being such a  punk ass bitch whos too damn chicken shit to reunite for one night and he's also too chicken shit to move forward with this insanely talented band he has now. The guy is a  loser at this point.

The problem is you're an assumer who assumes the reasoning behind Izzy's potential non-appearance.  You don't know what his reasoning is, none us do.  That is a true fact as Izzy has not stated anything one way or another.

Ali

Ali

Ali wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

My point is this:

God forbid it - but if Izzy or Steven had died in their sleep 5 years ago do you think a reunion of the remaining members would be on the cards? Hell no...Axl and Slash would still be exactly where they are today. I doubt they'd sort this shit out even to honour the legacy of their old respective best friends.

And that's why I say blaming steven or izzy or shit is looking for scapegoats...at the end of the day Axl prefers death to dealing with Slash and that's all there is to it.

I completely agree monkey. I thought Steven's comments were "so 10 years ago", and completely unneccessary.

But people going around now thinking and saying "Steven buried the reunion, or even Izzy for that matter..."

Once again, you realize there is a certain group of fans on Axl's side (not Slash's) that are Christian-Evangelist like or as Intercourse called it, "Axlamic Fundamentalists".

Sure they come with their game face on. They talk real intelligent. Word real big. Talk like lawyers (Ali) and argue semantics. Talk as if they are speaking scientific theory (ID).

In reality, they follow a religion, make no mistake. They cannot be proven wrong, because even when they are faced with great adversity and are given stone cold facts to back it up, then they revert back to primal instincts about giving Axl the benefit of the doubt.

They can't be bargained with
They can't be reasoned with
They will not stop, until you are DEAD

I don't doubt that it was unlikely Axl would've wanted to play, but the fact is that it is impossible for a reunion to occur unless Izzy shows up.  Also, as far as Steven goes, he hurt his own chances of participating in a reunion down the road by unnecessarily insulting the new band.

As far as your other comments, not nearly as immature as Steven Adler's comments, but not all that mature or accurate either.

Ali

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

You're fighting a lost cause Ali. Assuming is the truth here.

Board footer