You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

Ali wrote:
-D- wrote:
Ali wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Well it's an idiotic comment from steven because it's plainly false.

Like anyone who understands guitar can see that bumblefoot is one of the foremost technical guitarists in the world - so steven's chosen bumble's absolute strength as a place to attack him - which makes it an inane attack.

Agree or Not, but at least steven would have grounds to say that the new band "isn't GNR", or that people like frank and bumble are only famous because they ride on the legacy of people like steven. For the record I'm not saying I support that view, but there's at least rational grounds to argue it. But attacking bumble on his technical skills is just plain stupidly false.

I also agree things like this don't help a reunion. But that's because Adler's basically heartbroken he doesn't think straight and talks with his heart of his sleeve. On one hand I suspect he loves Axl for the times they had together keeping the band alive on the streets, on the other hand, he probably hates his guts for throwing him out of the band, blocking a reunion and keeping on as GNR without any other AFD line up guys left. Which response you get from him would change by the second because they are both true to him.

This is the rock n roll version of drunk dialing your exgirlfirend and saying something like "I fucking love you, I need you, but you left me you fucking whore bitch cunt, why can't you come back and love me you bitch. Who would love you anyway you fat fuck, awww, baby come back to me".

Illogical and unhelpful to his cause, but comes from the fucked up place he's in.

It is inane, but not just on BBF's reputation.  Tommy is a damn fine bassist and songwriter, Frank is IMO as good if not better than Steven on drums, and Richard is very skilled player, too.  DJ Ashba, like him or not, is a good lead guitar player and an accomplished songwriter in his own right.  Chris Pitman is far more than just a keyboard/synth player, too.

Your drunk-dialing analogy is a good one.

I couldn't help but notice he heard that Izzy won't be showing up, too 16

Ali

Compared to GNR DJ doesn't have accomplished songwriting.. Tommy is a good bassist if u could only hear it and Listen to Catcher in the Rye and Bumble's all time terrible solo that completely fucks the song..

+1 Steven

DJ has written many songs, and whether it means something to you or not, has been nominated for a Grammy. I can hear Tommy's bass playing and also his songwriting. He's very talented. Duff would agree with that. BBF has done a helluva a lot more than one solo on one song, so you're clutching at straws with such a singular example.

-1 Steven

Ali

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Thought Grammy's didn't mean shit?

Slash won a grammy so blah!

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
-D- wrote:

It does to some. I like SOLA. It's grown on me over time, and I do dig Sixx:AM.

I think Slash is great at writin riffs and solos. One of the great lead guitar players ever. What does this have to do with him?

Ali

Sky Dog wrote:
-D- wrote:

I FUCKED UP...deleted my post

Sky Dog wrote:
-D- wrote:

Good for Steven.

he's a fuckin idiot and if you back that nonsense, you're a fuckin idiot. Sorry, sick of listening/reading your bullshit.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Ahh Adler you knob jockey.  Go and get Dr Drew to explain to you what self sabotaging bahaviour is! 

You Clown!  14

-D-

-D- wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:
-D- wrote:

Good for Steven.

he's a fuckin idiot and if you back that nonsense, you're a fuckin idiot. Sorry, sick of listening/reading your bullshit.

If u don't like Steven.. u no longer deserve to eat popcorn.

-D-

-D- wrote:

Seriously.. u know why I say good for Steven?

cause i am glad someone has the balls to call Axl on his bullshit and ain't walking on egg shells like the rest of the old guys.

At this point, Axl doesn't deserve to play with the old guys. fuck begging him or trying to appease him. if he don't wanna play Fuck em.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I hear what you are saying D, at least Steven speaks his mind - what you see is what you get with him.

But to call the current lineup hacks IMO is factually incorrect.  They are not hacks they are all very talented.  Sure he may not like what Axl is doing with NuGNR, call him out on that if he wants.  But to call them hacks makes him look stupid because they clearly aren't.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

With finck gone, they are hack free, but they still have a poser in DJ.

Board footer