You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

misterID wrote:

I'll be happy to just see Axl and Slash together, but I think it's a real possibility that they could just get on stage and punch out a few songs at the last minute. I can't see other guys at the Hall not trying to talk them into it.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

yeah i LOL at people who think Axl would actually PLAN something.

Axl is procrastinator to the max.

give it a few days before HOF before shutting door.

Sky Dog wrote:
-D- wrote:

I think people buy into the Izzy thing a little too much

He isn't "THAT" anti fame.

just cause he doesn't like the rigors of touring and dealing with bullshit, doesn't mean he wouldn't accept an honor like this

Izzy will be all over the HOF....the fuckin' Faces are getting inducted with him (he still looks like he could have been in the Faces...him and Tommy)...Ian McLagan (on keys for JuJu) plus Ronnie Wood who played on Izzy's first album as well and who is good buddies with Slash...gonna be a lot of cool moments Axl misses out on if he doesn't perform. Axl and Rod on some vocals together? Holy shit! Could be an awesome night even if Ax and Slash keep their distance.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

All the pressure is on Axl, which is EXACTLY what he didn't want to happen.  DO IT FOR THE FUCKING FANS!  Everyone is "All In" as the Auburn Tigers say, except for Axl.  I still think Axl likes this so he can make the "dramatic" return and save face and be the hero.  Imagine then are rocking out to the instrumental to rocket queen, then in the outro Axl hops on stage, and looks at Slash while he sings, "If you need a shoulder, or if you need a friend, I'll be here standing until, the bitter end......"  Bring this mother fucking shit on!!!!!!!!!!

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

All the pressure is on Axl, which is EXACTLY what he didn't want to happen.  DO IT FOR THE FUCKING FANS!  Everyone is "All In" as the Auburn Tigers say, except for Axl.  I still think Axl likes this so he can make the "dramatic" return and save face and be the hero.  Imagine then are rocking out to the instrumental to rocket queen, then in the outro Axl hops on stage, and looks at Slash while he sings, "If you need a shoulder, or if you need a friend, I'll be here standing until, the bitter end......"  Bring this mother fucking shit on!!!!!!!!!!

14:laugh:

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Damn.. gonna have to go watch a Rambo marathon after reading that last couple lines Smoking LOL

Sky Dog wrote:

they drew first blood, not me.....

AtariLegend wrote:

Slash didn't seem too interested either by his interview. Rewind the clocks back 5 years and only forum fans and Adler, could care less about this.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

If Axl was secure about his latest incarnation of GNR he would reunite with the old guys for this one night.

Hell, DJ seems so secure in this GNR that even he thinks it would be ok for Axl to do it. Pity his boss is so much more sensitive!!

When Jason got up and played with Metallica, nobody expected him to be back in the band again, it was just a nod to the fans. This could have been the same thing.

Of course if he'd managed the 2002 band properly, that line up would be on album 3 or 4 by now and the world would view the old GNR as a very distant memory and not the enigmatic missing piece of rock history they see it as today.

Again, Axl's actions bring the pressure back on himself...a point well made by Smoking Guns. This could lead to more agonizing over what comes next for GNR and a period of silence or more 'cabaret' gigs..which will be a pitiful bounty for us hardcores..

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

I never really read the comment people put on gnr facebook but i just seen bubblefoot put that video of him playing pc and most comment are we want slash or you suck axl or this band should be called axl and friends.They cop some shit on thier thats for sure

Board footer