You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

Ali wrote:
-D- wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Ali wrote:

Axl-no specific statement on the HOF.  Previously stated he would not reunite with Slash.

Actually, I'm not wrong on that you are:

Axl on the Hall:

Never thought about that , with the RRHOF. The whole “mature enough” bit was cute. Not to offend anyone but personally I don’t have an interest and other than inducting Elton don’t quite get what it is exactly and who decides what. It seems to mean more to some than others and more so amongst fans. It’s nice to get recognition and have some form of acceptance but in regards to joining others the price is too high and just not worth it.

That's a direct no and directly about a reunion at the hall.

Wheres his quote from The Metal Show?

Cause he seemed more open to doing something.

No, it was from 2008 from a message board post.  Which is why I thought it should be clarified as being years before the election to the HOF occurred.

Ali

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Ali wrote:

In the off-chance that Axl's position has softened, a performance without Izzy would not be a true reunion regardless.  Maybe to more casual fans, but certainly not to me.

Ali

I agree it wouldn't be ideal. I mean the real old 5 would hold maximum firepower. But I will say that in 1993 I saw the UYI era band, and Axl, Slash, Duff and Matt packs a fair amount of awesome. While the old 5 would be for purity, Axl and Slash are the key players.

But I also think he's irrelevant as there's precious little, if not nothing,  to suggest Axl has softened his view. I strongly believe that if Izzy came out tonight and said he'd play it - Axl would still be against the performance tomorrow just as he was in 2008.

I could be wrong, but there's nothing to indicate it.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Ali wrote:

No, it was from 2008 from a message board post.  Which is why I thought it should be clarified as being years before the election to the HOF occurred.

Ali

Indeed it was. But I think it should be read in the context of the overwhelming number of times Axl has categorically stated that he wants nothing to do with Slash over the past decade or more.

It's not like this was one post and he might not really feel that way. Maybe he was just having an off night?

There's the lawsuit against his manger for pushing reunions, there's the abuse of fans who call for Slash, there's his online comments about slash, there's the times he called slash cancer, then when he said he ruined the UYI records, where he criticised Slash's guitar ethics, there's how he has explicitly stated he will die before working with him, there's how he says he wants zero to do with him.

There are literally dozens of examples to show that the 2008 post where he said he wouldn't play at RRHOF is indeed indicative of Axl's feelings about working with slash, yet there is nothing that could even be used to hint that he's changed his mind.

So in the absence of anything else. I can only assume Axl doesn't want to play.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I think people buy into the Izzy thing a little too much

He isn't "THAT" anti fame.

just cause he doesn't like the rigors of touring and dealing with bullshit, doesn't mean he wouldn't accept an honor like this

Ali

Ali wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Ali wrote:

In the off-chance that Axl's position has softened, a performance without Izzy would not be a true reunion regardless.  Maybe to more casual fans, but certainly not to me.

Ali

I agree it wouldn't be ideal. I mean the real old 5 would hold maximum firepower. But I will say that in 1993 I saw the UYI era band, and Axl, Slash, Duff and Matt packs a fair amount of awesome. While the old 5 would be for purity, Axl and Slash are the key players.

But I also think he's irrelevant as there's precious little, if not nothing,  to suggest Axl has softened his view. I strongly believe that if Izzy came out tonight and said he'd play it - Axl would still be against the performance tomorrow just as he was in 2008.

I could be wrong, but there's nothing to indicate it.

I don't think it's likely Axl softened his stance.  I will be surprised however if he actually sits at the same table as Slash, but I digress.  As far as I'm concerned, if Izzy doesn't even attend, a full reunion is impossible, regardless of Axl's stance.  How it all plays out will determine what the contributing factors are to a lack of a reunion performance.  We won't know without the benefit of hindsight.

Ali

Ali

Ali wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Ali wrote:

Ali

Indeed it was. But I think it should be read in the context of the overwhelming number of times Axl has categorically stated that he wants nothing to do with Slash over the past decade or more.

It's not like this was one post and he might not really feel that way. Maybe he was just having an off night?

There's the lawsuit against his manger for pushing reunions, there's the abuse of fans who call for Slash, there's his online comments about slash, there's the times he called slash cancer, then when he said he ruined the UYI records, where he criticised Slash's guitar ethics, there's how he has explicitly stated he will die before working with him, there's how he says he wants zero to do with him.

There are literally dozens of examples to show that the 2008 post where he said he wouldn't play at RRHOF is indeed indicative of Axl's feelings about working with slash, yet there is nothing that could even be used to hint that he's changed his mind.

So in the absence of anything else. I can only assume Axl doesn't want to play.

If you want to put it into its proper context, then you also need to state when it was said.  Otherwise, you have people like D wondering if this was something stated recently.  I don't think it's likely his stance his changed, but if you're going to be accurate, then it should be stated that the comment you posted was from 2008, not recently.  I would like to see a comment from Axl one way or another, but I don't think that's going to happen.  What happens that night will speak for itself.

Ali

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

in light of slash's 180 i am on the record now as seeing a chance in axl coming through and performing.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Ali wrote:

Axl-no specific statement on the HOF.  Previously stated he would not reunite with Slash.

Actually, I'm not wrong on that you are:

Axl on the Hall:

Never thought about that , with the RRHOF. The whole “mature enough” bit was cute. Not to offend anyone but personally I don’t have an interest and other than inducting Elton don’t quite get what it is exactly and who decides what. It seems to mean more to some than others and more so amongst fans. It’s nice to get recognition and have some form of acceptance but in regards to joining others the price is too high and just not worth it.

That's a direct no and directly about a reunion at the hall.

That's not talking about performing, Monkey. That's sounds like he's against attending the thing, imo.

The fact he's changed his stance since, even being in the same room with Slash, says a lot.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
war wrote:

in light of slash's 180 i am on the record now as seeing a chance in axl coming through and performing.

Please gawd....let it happen. 9

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

axl will perform if beta lets him

Board footer