You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

Ali wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

So the summary is actually:

Axl: Direct no about the hall.

Duff/MAtt/Steven/Slash: Wants to play at the hall.

Izzy: No comment on hall but has said wants to play with original 5 in general

Draw your own conclusion if you will but there's only one sensible conclusion from that data to me.

Yeah, it's most likely that Axl will not want to play, but Izzy's status is still an open item for the HOF.

Ali

Ali

Ali wrote:
Bono wrote:
Ali wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Ali Axl has directly and publicly said that he won't reunite at the RRHOF because playing with the others is too high a price.

So are you saying he's a liar and it's really someone else?

Every member of the band except Axl has expressed desire to reunite. Matt wants to share duties with Steven, Duff has said he'll play but he's not going to be the guy to pressure people into it happening, Izzy says he'd love to play with the originals, Slash says it would be cool.

Axl says No.

That is the available data, without anything to directly suggest someone is lying or changing their mind, it seems the only sensible conclusion is that it is Axl who does not want a reunion.

Ali, in your heart of hearts, if you phoned up Axl now and put pressure on him to play with Slash, what do you think would happen?

Please do not put words in my mouth or twist my words around so horrendously.

Your summary of the available data is not completely accurate.

Axl-no specific statement on the HOF.  Previously stated he would not reunite with Slash.

Slash-would like to play at the HOF

Steven Adler-would like to play at the HOF

Matt Sorum-would like to play at the HOF

Dizzy Reed-will be there at the HOF

Duff McKagan-would like to play at the HOF

Izzy Stradlin-no specific statement on the HOF.  Previously stated he would reunite with the AFD lineup

It's pretty simple.  If Izzy does not attend, for whatever reason, that would present an additional roadblock to a full reunion that night irrespective of Axl's position.  Izzy's attendance is currently an open item.  Therefore, it still stands as another potential obstacle.

That is simple and unequivocally true.  If you don't understand that , or agree with it, or choose not to accept it, that's your call.  But, I'm not stating anything that isn't true right there.

Ali

16  wow! You even type it out yourself and still refuse to acknowledge the facts. Hilarious.

No, I acknowledged the facts completely and accurately with the exception of the amendment to Axl's position.

Axl-last statement on reunion at the HOF was before the induction, and stated he does not want to perform.  Post-induction he has made no definitive statement on reuniting at the HOF.

Slash-would like to play at the HOF

Steven Adler-would like to play at the HOF

Matt Sorum-would like to play at the HOF

Dizzy Reed-will be there at the HOF

Duff McKagan-would like to play at the HOF

Izzy Stradlin-no specific statement on the HOF.  Previously stated he would reunite with the AFD lineup

Those are the facts.  How you interpret those facts, and what conclusion you draw is up to you.  I feel a statement that Axl is absolutely, definitively the only roadblock is erroneous so long as Izzy's position is an open item.

Ali

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

16 uh huh. Whatever it takes to save face Ali I get it.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Ali wrote:

Axl-last statement on reunion at the HOF was before the induction, and stated he does not want to perform.  Post-induction he has made no definitive statement on reuniting at the HOF.

Ali

I'll agree with that.

But he's also never retracted the statement, or said or done anything contradictory to it. In the absence of anything further from him I see no reason not to let it stand as his opinion.

I'm not trying to say he's a bad guy. I'm just saying historically I think he's been very clear on all reunion related topics and there's every reason to think his position stands and no reason to think he's changed his mind.

Ali

Ali wrote:
Bono wrote:

16 uh huh. Whatever it takes to save face Ali I get it.

No, it's the truth.  Apparently, you and some others can't differentiate between what is fact and what is the formation of an opinion (based on accompanying facts or not).  You seem to think your opinion is fact, but it just isn't.

Ali

Ali

Ali wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Ali wrote:

Ali

I'll agree with that.

But he's also never retracted the statement, or said or done anything contradictory to it. In the absence of anything further from him I see no reason not to let it stand as his opinion.

I'm not trying to say he's a bad guy. I'm just saying historically I think he's been very clear on all reunion related topics and there's every reason to think his position stands and no reason to think he's changed his mind.

I know you're not saying he's a bad guy.  I don't think it's likely his position has changed.  I'm just trying to be accurate.

I still see one most likely no, and one open item in regards to the HOF induction.

Ali

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Ali wrote:

I feel a statement that Axl is absolutely, definitively the only roadblock is erroneous so long as Izzy's position is an open item.
Ali

Well it may not be definitive, but given Izzy has stated he'd like to perform in theory at some stage, there's not much reason to think he'd object.

Izzy's position is pretty irrelevant anyway because:

1. While the media and fans would love an original 5 reunion, a huge fanfare would still be made of a RRHOF gig with Gilby or another replacement musician. Everyone knows the key to the frenzy is an end to the "war" between Axl and Slash.

2. We both know that even if Izzy did want to play Axl still would refuse.

So while on a technical level Axl can't be claimed to be the only roadblock,  in terms of the level of an impediment to there actually being a performance of an Axl/Slash inclusive GNR (which is what most people want) he is the only member who is preventing it. As the event could go ahead without Izzy but there's no way it would as Axl will refuse no matter what he is offered.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

For the record, I doubt Beta, Fernando or Del have much power in telling Axl what to do

what now?

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/dec/21 … w-20111221

This mistrust is partially the reason why Rose's current management team is more family than business partner. It's headed by Beta Lebeis, a Brazilian woman ......

Lebeis' two adult children, Fernando and Vanessa, round out the management group. Lebeis says that this arrangement is the result of an ultimatum she gave Rose after Guns N' Roses' most recent manager, Katsis, left the fold after less than a month on the job.

"We decided, 'No more managers,'" said Lebeis a few days after the Seattle concert. "Between me and Fernando and my daughter, we're dealing with the management." Lebeis added that she characterizes Rose as "more than a son to me," and that after Katsis' departure, "I told [Rose] if he hires another manager, I quit."

So she'd quit being his Mom?

Funny cause she kinda did to Axl, what he did to Slash and Duff

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Ali wrote:

Axl-no specific statement on the HOF.  Previously stated he would not reunite with Slash.

Actually, I'm not wrong on that you are:

Axl on the Hall:

Never thought about that , with the RRHOF. The whole “mature enough” bit was cute. Not to offend anyone but personally I don’t have an interest and other than inducting Elton don’t quite get what it is exactly and who decides what. It seems to mean more to some than others and more so amongst fans. It’s nice to get recognition and have some form of acceptance but in regards to joining others the price is too high and just not worth it.

That's a direct no and directly about a reunion at the hall.

Wheres his quote from The Metal Show?

Cause he seemed more open to doing something.

Ali

Ali wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Ali wrote:

I feel a statement that Axl is absolutely, definitively the only roadblock is erroneous so long as Izzy's position is an open item.
Ali

Well it may not be definitive, but given Izzy has stated he'd like to perform in theory at some stage, there's not much reason to think he'd object.

Izzy's position is pretty irrelevant anyway because:

1. While the media and fans would love an original 5 reunion, a huge fanfare would still be made of a RRHOF gig with Gilby or another replacement musician. Everyone knows the key to the frenzy is an end to the "war" between Axl and Slash.

2. We both know that even if Izzy did want to play Axl still would refuse.

So while on a technical level Axl can't be claimed to be the only roadblock,  in terms of the level of an impediment to there actually being a performance of an Axl/Slash inclusive GNR (which is what most people want) he is the only member who is preventing it. As the event could go ahead without Izzy but there's no way it would as Axl will refuse no matter what he is offered.

I don't think Izzy's position is irrelevant.  In the off-chance that Axl's position has softened, a performance without Izzy would not be a true reunion regardless.  Maybe to more casual fans, but certainly not to me.

Ali

Board footer