You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

monkeychow wrote:
Ali wrote:

You can't say it's "clear as day", i.e. a fact, that it's ONLY Axl that is the problem here without knowing all the surrounding facts (the positions of the other old band).

Ali

Ali Axl has directly and publicly said that he won't reunite at the RRHOF because playing with the others is too high a price.

So are you saying he's a liar and it's really someone else?

Every member of the band except Axl has expressed desire to reunite. Matt wants to share duties with Steven, Duff has said he'll play but he's not going to be the guy to pressure people into it happening, Izzy says he'd love to play with the originals, Slash says it would be cool.

Axl says No.

That is the available data, without anything to directly suggest someone is lying or changing their mind, it seems the only sensible conclusion is that it is Axl who does not want a reunion.

Ali, in your heart of hearts, if you phoned up Axl now and put pressure on him to play with Slash, what do you think would happen?

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Am I dumb for assuming Slash has other ways to promote himself these days than to just attempt to make Axl look bad?

In my opinion Slash never makes Axl look bad.

What happens normally is Axl makes Axl look bad, (riots, rants, cancelled shows etc) and Slash normally stands up and apologises for it (When he was in GNR he was always giving interviews saying Axl was misunderstood, and even now he'll say stuff like he did on behind the music, that Axl's difficult traits are also what make him a genius frontman, or he'll avoid talk of Axl and GNR. ).

Occasionally slash gets in a bad mood, and rather than make Axl look bad, he just stops avoiding the questions and giving political answers for once and tells the truth about what happened. It's only when pushed that SOMETIMES he'll just agree - but he never initiates talk of it.

So he'll admit that he was ready to play a gig and axl wasn't at the venue, or he'll say that he thinks it would be cool to do the hall but he can't get Axl's people to take the call or whatever.

This isn't slash MAKING axl look bad, it's simply that sometimes he stops with the normal PRETENCE of diplomacy that Duff and Slash always use to cover Axl's rage incidents.

Why do they cover for him at all? Probably because he's the greatest frontman they could ever find. But I think sometimes it gets old and slash just goes "fuck it" and responds more truthfully than others.

And those are the times people call him out for throwing Axl under a bus. When the bus only exists for one reason. Axl is a genius but with terrible mood swings.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

At this point the original 4 should just get up and perform a few songs instrumentally without Axl Rose. Fuck him. If they aren't gonna reunite now there's no point in doing it later. Like anyone wants to see an out of breath helium induced Axl Rose reunite with Guns  N' Roses in his late 50's early 60's anyways. It is now or never really

I say the old guys just do it. Fans would love it, Axl would be a prick as usual and then everyone can just go about their business.

And I agree with whoever said it should be insturmental. They don't need a guest singer. Doing that would jsut bring comparisons to the singers and this isn't about anyone else other than Guns N' Roses.

Mind you I do think the original 4 playing  showing solidarity would be a massive F-U to Axl Rose. ...... and maybe rightfully so.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Ali wrote:

So, Izzy's position for this specific evening is very relevant.

Izzy's stated position is that he'd love to play with the original 5 guys.

He didn't put a condition on it like "as long as it isn't at the RRHOF" so there is more reason to think he would play than wouldn't.

The RRHOF gig gives him a chance to do what he directly said he wanted, reunite for a show with the originals.

Izzy's attendance has not been confirmed the induction ceremony.  IF he attends, I understand what you're saying, and think it's most likely he will want to play.  But, it has not been confirmed, and until it is, it is still an open item no matter what you or anyone else says.

Ali

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

It's chicken and egg at that point though.

I wouldn't be surprised if the reason Izzy didn't show was because he knows they're not going to be able to play.

He doesn't like the drama. I remember him talking about the UYI writing sessions. He drove up...could hear yelling and craziness from down the street and just went "fuck it" and drove away again without ever even getting out of the car.

I'd say when he hears that Slash can't even get Axl's handlers to agree to talk he's likely to just go go-carting in india or something 16

Ali

Ali wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Ali wrote:

You can't say it's "clear as day", i.e. a fact, that it's ONLY Axl that is the problem here without knowing all the surrounding facts (the positions of the other old band).

Ali

Ali Axl has directly and publicly said that he won't reunite at the RRHOF because playing with the others is too high a price.

Every member of the band except Axl has expressed desire to reunite. Matt wants to share duties with Steven, Duff has said he'll play but he's not going to be the guy to pressure people into it happening, Izzy says he'd love to play with the originals, Slash says it would be cool.

Axl says No.

That is the available data, without anything to directly suggest someone is lying or changing their mind, it seems the only sensible conclusion is that it is Axl who does not want a reunion.

Ali, in your heart of hearts, if you phoned up Axl now and put pressure on him to play with Slash, what do you think would happen?

Please do not put words in my mouth or twist my words around so horrendously.

Your summary of the available data is not completely accurate.

Axl-no specific statement on the HOF.  Previously stated he would not reunite with Slash.

Slash-would like to play at the HOF

Steven Adler-would like to play at the HOF

Matt Sorum-would like to play at the HOF

Dizzy Reed-will be there at the HOF

Duff McKagan-would like to play at the HOF

Izzy Stradlin-no specific statement on the HOF.  Previously stated he would reunite with the AFD lineup

It's pretty simple.  If Izzy does not attend, for whatever reason, that would present an additional roadblock to a full reunion that night irrespective of Axl's position.  Izzy's attendance is currently an open item.  Therefore, it still stands as another potential obstacle.

That is simple and unequivocally true.  If you don't understand that , or agree with it, or choose not to accept it, that's your call.  But, I'm not stating anything that isn't true right there.

Ali

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
Ali wrote:

Axl-no specific statement on the HOF.  Previously stated he would not reunite with Slash.

Actually, I'm not wrong on that you are:

Axl on the Hall:

Never thought about that , with the RRHOF. The whole “mature enough” bit was cute. Not to offend anyone but personally I don’t have an interest and other than inducting Elton don’t quite get what it is exactly and who decides what. It seems to mean more to some than others and more so amongst fans. It’s nice to get recognition and have some form of acceptance but in regards to joining others the price is too high and just not worth it.

That's a direct no and directly about a reunion at the hall.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

So the summary is actually:

Axl: Direct no about the hall.

Duff/MAtt/Steven/Slash: Wants to play at the hall.

Izzy: No comment on hall but has said wants to play with original 5 in general

Draw your own conclusion if you will but there's only one sensible conclusion from that data to me.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Ali wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Ali wrote:

Ali

Axl says No.

Please do not put words in my mouth or twist my words around so horrendously.

Your summary of the available data is not completely accurate.

Slash-would like to play at the HOF

Steven Adler-would like to play at the HOF

Matt Sorum-would like to play at the HOF

Dizzy Reed-will be there at the HOF

Duff McKagan-would like to play at the HOF

Izzy Stradlin-no specific statement on the HOF.  Previously stated he would reunite with the AFD lineup

It's pretty simple.  If Izzy does not attend, for whatever reason, that would present an additional roadblock to a full reunion that night irrespective of Axl's position.  Izzy's attendance is currently an open item.  Therefore, it still stands as another potential obstacle.

That is simple and unequivocally true.  If you don't understand that , or agree with it, or choose not to accept it, that's your call.  But, I'm not stating anything that isn't true right there.

Ali

16  wow! You even type it out yourself and still refuse to acknowledge the facts. Hilarious.

Ali

Ali wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Ali wrote:

Actually, I'm not wrong on that you are:

Axl on the Hall:

Never thought about that , with the RRHOF. The whole “mature enough” bit was cute. Not to offend anyone but personally I don’t have an interest and other than inducting Elton don’t quite get what it is exactly and who decides what. It seems to mean more to some than others and more so amongst fans. It’s nice to get recognition and have some form of acceptance but in regards to joining others the price is too high and just not worth it.

That's a direct no and directly about a reunion at the hall.

Yes, and we both that was years before the induction even happened.  Please.

You conveniently left out the next sentence, "It’s a ways away and seems a bit presumptuous to be contemplating being inducted now.":haha:

O.k.  Let's amend it to the following:

Axl-last statement on reunion at the HOF was before the induction, and stated he does not want to perform.  Post-induction he has made no definitive statement on reuniting at the HOF.

Ali

Board footer