You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Updates: Orlando, FL (Amway Center 10-28-11)

buzzsaw wrote:
Ali wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

LOL - trust me, I read people for a living.  NOBODY here has a better understanding of people than I do.  Carry on.

Sorry, I just noticed this, but this has to be one of the most arrogant statements I've ever read on any message board.

You can't "read people" through online message board posts.  I see a couple of days have passed and Axlin still feels the same way about the O-Town show.  If his response was just "emotional", that cloud of emotion would've subsided and his response would've changed by now.

Ali

You haven't read enough of my posts if this is the most arrogant thing you've ever read.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

So you pass time discussing things you don't care about, like how much a tour would sell or how good the show was?

It all relates back to what I do care about.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Does that count as an emotional reaction?

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

If a bear shits in the wood and nobody is around to hear it, does it make a noise?

apex-twin

apex-twin wrote:

Would you therefore say your opinions on things you don't care about, like how well a tour would sell and how good the show was, are colored by an emotional reaction, which boils down to Axl not releasing music you consider to be good, and him not getting back together with the guys that you feel inspired him to release good music?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

That's pretty funny considering I feel like I'm on an island most of the time surrounded by people that only want to live in a fantasy world where all is wonderful.

Not sure why you feel that around here though.

I used to sometimes feel that at HTGTH and it's why I don't really post there anymore.

For example when posters there who liked new-gnr felt the need to bash Slash to prove their loyality to Axl or their love of the new music.

I love the songs on Chinese as much as most - but that's no reason to start dissing someone else who is also bad ass.

When it's just not liking VR or Snakepit I could deal with it (although I like those bands!) but when they started to suggest Slash didn't contribute to GNR and isn't a good guitarst and so on. To me that's just like sanity has left the building. And that's why I came over here originally.

Anyway...i don't really get why you think this is a fantasy-land island. From my perspective - as the guy who likes both new-GNR and Slash's stuff - I feel it's been getting pretty negative around here in general. To all bands.  If anything I think the negativity is the thing getting out of proportion in terms of realism.

For example - heaps of people have expressed no interest in a Slash/Myles album - which i think has every chance of being slash's best work since GNR. But if you read some of the posts here you'd tell slash not to bother. Likewise bumblefoot - the guy has shred skills beyond like 99% of the population - but if you didn't see him play - you could be forgiven for thinking he can't reading the posts here - basicly just because he isn't buckethead.

Anyway, just as I want the right to like both bands, I think people like buzz should have the right to dislike them. So if you don't like chinese that's all good.

What I can't get my head around though is some of the ways it's expressed around here.

Like - lets be honest - shit goes down in GNR world. Like maybe Axl will go silent again, maybe people will quit the band, maybe no new music will  happen for another decade. These are the moments for people to complain.

And when you do at that moment - even though it wouldn't be allowed in a real happy bubble like HTGTH - it would be here - because it's a fair cop - those things do happen and honest balanced people know they do. And who the fuck likes it.

But what I can't figure out...is this month is not one of those moments. The band is active - they're touring the USA for the first time in ages, they're giving interviews and breaking the mystery and bullshit - there's some evidence they're in the process of developing new song ideas too.

This is the good time...so it's just odd for the complaint level to be so high as it's been recently.

Hey - freedom of opinion i guess - if it really shits everyone off for Axl to give an interview so be it - but I just don't understand...seems to me that short of a reunion - he's starting to do the stuff the fans want - talk more - write more etc - be visable - gig etc.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

Would you therefore say your opinions on things you don't care about, like how well a tour would sell and how good the show was, are colored by an emotional reaction, which boils down to Axl not releasing music you consider to be good, and him not getting back together with the guys that you feel inspired him to release good music?

Again, you're out of the discussion.  That's two strikes.  hmm

If you want to have a discussion, let's have a discussion.  If you want to be an ass, I'm not interested.

Lomax wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

If a bear shits in the wood and nobody is around to hear it, does it make a noise?

yes

apex-twin

apex-twin wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

If you want to have a discussion, let's have a discussion.  If you want to be an ass, I'm not interested.

Without answering my question and implying I have come across resembling an ass?

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
apex-twin wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

Without answering my question and implying I have come across resembling an ass?

I read your post as this:

apex-twin wrote:

hee haw, hee haw

Board footer