You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Chinese Democracy now $1.99

monkeychow wrote:

The bucket solo is cool...although it's not bucket's best work...compared to something like soothsayer...I can imagie him kicking a lot more ass.

Not sure why you guys all think Black Ice sucked though...I think it's a very strong album, probably the best since Razors Edge and for sure just as good as Stiff Upper Lip. It's become one of my favourite AC/DC albums.

I agree with Olorin though that the actual album was just one cog in the massive promo machine for that tour. And it does show what is possible.

Even though people complain that AC/DC make the same album over and over, I think that's their strength. I don't want to see them do gaga. I want to see them do what they do. You know what you are going to get. And even at 60 they deliver it to a better standard than most.

Back onto GNR, must agree with Axilin...overall i enjoy chinese and the new band...but as a long time fan of old gnr and slash as well....TIL is the one track on that album where you just sort of wonder what slash would do with it...as it's exactly the sort of song where he's been known to add some amazing emotional parts.

Sky Dog wrote:

listening to Estranged now.....yea, Slash was tailor made for TIL....my gut tells me there is a demo with Slash in the vaults from the 94-96 era. 11

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I love Slash and I would have him replace Robin's parts and leave BHs solo at the end the way it is.  That's the last thing that would need to be fixed on the album.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Good thing they had a stone cold bad ass take care of the solo for TIL.

No Slash needed.

I so wish you were joking about this.  Oh well.  I like you anyway russ.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
russtcb wrote:

No Slash needed.

Yeah, Robin was great there, one of my favorite solos. And according to Axl, if it weren't for Robin TIL wouldn't have been released.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

No Slash needed.

16:haha::haha:

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah we love you Russ....

Jesus roll 14

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I don't know what the problem is, those aren't Slash's songs. You guys can rag Robin for Slash's stuff all you want, but I don't see Slash doing a better job on these songs. One reason, considering the song credits, if Slash was in the band these songs wouldn't exist, otherwise. And these songs aren't Slash' style.

TIL could have been an original GNR song, but Robin makes it perfect, imo. And it wouldn't have been released without Robin. His solo really saves it from being cheesy, imo.

I don't want to see Slash on these songs anymore than some you want to see Robin on Slash's.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I don't know what the problem is, those aren't Slash's songs. You guys can rag Robin for Slash's stuff all you want, but I don't see Slash doing a better job on these songs. One reason, considering the song credits, if Slash was in the band these songs wouldn't exist.

I still don't know what the problem is.

Robin is a horrible guitar player in a rock band.  That's all it is.  No agenda.  He's long gone.  If it was a hate Robin for Slash thing, that would have died when he went away.  The guy just didn't fit in outside of the songs that I don't think fit in to GnR.  He was fine in NIN.  That's clearly where he belongs. The world is a better place.

Board footer