You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Aerosmith Discussion

Axlin16 wrote:

Hey Aerosmith diehards...

I haven't listened to Aerosmith's deep cuts since I was a teenager. I'm gonna try to dig back in to their discog from beginning to present. It's been so long I can only remember a handful of titles, beyond the hits.

Any recommendations?

Thx in advance

Lomax wrote:

Nobody's Fault

Sick as a Dog

Uncle Salty

Major Barbara -  if you can track it down

St. John

Gypsy Boots

Movin' Out

The Reason a Dog

Quality stuff

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

AEROSMITH's JOE PERRY To Answer Fan-Submitted Questions - June 9, 2011
AEROSMITH guitarist Joe Perry is taking to Facebook for a little question-and-answer session and he wants the band's fans to submit their questions.

Just head on over to Perry's Facebook page and submit your question in the comment section. Joe will pick four questions to answer sometime next week.

AEROSMITH will resume work on its new album next month, according to a message on Twitter from Perry. Reuters reported that Perry wrote, "Whole band has plans to go into the studio with [producer] Jack Douglas second week of July to work on new Aero CD." The album, which will be recorded in the Massachusetts studio that the band built six years ago, will be AEROSMITH's first set of original material since 2001's "Just Push Play" and first studio offering since 2004's covers CD, "Honkin' On Bobo".
According to The Pulse Of Radio, Douglas worked with the band on the "Bobo" album, but is most associated with them for producing several early AEROSMITH classics, including "Toys In The Attic" and "Rocks".

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
Riad wrote:

Nobody's Fault

Sick as a Dog

Uncle Salty

Major Barbara -  if you can track it down

St. John

Gypsy Boots

Movin' Out

The Reason a Dog

Quality stuff

Agree with them all mostly..

But add;

SOS (Too bad)

Lomax wrote:

This looks like a really really good Aerosmith interview I cannot wait to see it. Seems she got Tylers more hardcore side to come out in this clip. I have never seen that before!

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id= … SNews.com)

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I saw that preview the other night. If by the band he meant "they ride on my shirttails"

He's absolutely CORRECT.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

^^ I saw the interview, it was pretty good.  The Joe Perry thing, he was kinda joking about "needing his jaw to sing". Kinda like "I'd punch him, but the band wouldn't be able to continue touring so I can't".

There was an awkward moment when I think the rhthym guitarist was speaking about how the band keeps going, and he answered "Steven is such a truly amazing talent..." and the bassist & drummer glance at each other wide eyed as if to say "Did he just say that??" (Like how they do in the Office). The interviewer noticed that (as did the cameras on replay), and they were put on the spot about it. They then said it's just a band thing, all bring something to the table that works.

Overall though, honestly, it all seemed a bit coerced or fabricated. Like an excuse now that Stevens on American Idol they need a rock n roll angle to keep playing shows.  The angle now is Stevens Mr Hollywood & the rest of the band can't stand him.

I read Keith Richards bio Life last year & he said the Stones are this way. Calls it LVS (Lead Vocalist Syndrome). Some cool insight though, he says he really hasn't known Mick since about 1972. Seriously, they really don't talk much off stage & when not on tour.

Board footer